Friday, September 17, 2010

DAYS 15 & 16 - First Milestone Up Ahead

Dear P90X Diary,

Now that we're into Week Three, it's time to go full out, time to push everything to the limit. Next week is the first rest week, so i need to go hard all the way until then. Tonight, for example (Day 16).

I was at work late dealing with a nightmarish situation, got home and ate dinner (probably a little too much because i had been crushed all day at work and didn't get a chance to eat), then i realized that Plyometrics was tonight. As in, the routine that had me thinking i was having a heart attack the last time i tried it. So i knew i had to wait an hour or two after eating. That put me around 10:00.

Do you think i did a friggin' Plyometrics workout at 10:00 PM when i have to be up at 6:00 the next morning? Am i writing this at midnight?

Damn skippy.

I worked my ass off and did every last one of those moves. I'm gonna bring it all right. Next week means the end of Phase I, a third of the way through P90X. And time to take pictures again to show some progress. I feel it, but i don't see it yet. So i gotta push a little harder. Go flat out. Balls to the wall, all those platitudes that are so overused, but still come to mind when you need to remind yourself to keep going. I kicked ass tonight!


By the way, i'm still laid out on the basement floor. I don't think i can climb stairs.

Could someone come carry me?

Please?

2 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for you, honey! You're almost done with Week 3 already, Week 4 is gonna fly by before you know it and there you'll be - at your first milestone! ¡AzĂșcar!

    Seeing you make this happen is making me think about how to resurrect my own (non-existent, for years) exercise regiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, it is Thursday, Sept. 23rd.... are you still on the floor?? there has been no post so I don't know what to think???? should I be concerned? or just laugh at you?

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to weigh in...