Monday, September 6, 2010

DAY 6 - In the Groove

Dear P90X Diary,

Kenpo-X is great! One hour of martial arts moves that's a great aerobic workout. And i could do the entire thing! HELL YEAH!!!

Okay, that's a lot of exclamation points.

I love this one. I almost put it on repeat and did it again. (Okay, not so much.) Trust me, it wasn't easy, but i rated it a "3" on the difficulty scale, since i could actually do the bloody thing. I also got a strange feeling that if i did this enough times, i'd be better prepared to kick somebody's ass. Not planning to test that theory anytime soon.

Such a good kind of tired feeling this week. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's X-Stretch session. On the schedule, you have the option of taking the day off to rest, or doing the stretch. I contemplated taking the day off, but since it's my first time through, i figured i'd go ahead and try it. I'm actually looking forward to getting more limber through this process too, so that's a good thing.


Food.

The eating is still what's going to get me. Based on my initial calculations, i should be eating about 2,400 calories a day for this first phase of the program. (There are some specific recommendations i won't go into here, largely because i'm still not sure i get it.) Since it's Labor Day and i'm at home, i made it a point to pay very careful attention to everything i ate today. Well, here it is 7:00 PM, and i've only got 1200 calories down. I still need to have dinner and there's room for another snack later, but i'm afraid i'm just not eating enough. Strange for me, since i already was eating all the time. I need to get some meal replacement bars to amp up my total caloric intake in a balanced way. Or learn to cook.

Day six done. One more to say i've made it through a full week's cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to weigh in...