Sunday, September 5, 2010

DAY 5 - Um... easy? WTF?!?!?

Dear P90X Diary,

Okay, weird. I couldn't shake the feeling i was doing something wrong. I actually did all the exercises, in most cases at all the reps they were doing in the DVD. I think i confirmed what i already suspected: my legs are stronger than they look. Must be all the walking i do (or used to do) on a regular basis. That means i'm going to have to work extra hard to actually see some development in my legs. WHAT?!?!? A routine that i'm going to have to push HARDER on? Well, that definitely made my day. I was starting to second guess my decision to jump into P90X without any preamble. Now i know i have at least two routines each week that i have some competence in.

Feels good.

Then, of course, there was Ab Ripper X again. I actually felt better about this today. I was able to execute all the maneuvers for the first time. Even if i couldn't do all the reps. Now my focus is on perfecting the form. The reps will come as i get stronger, but it won't matter much if i'm not doing the moves the right way.


*****UPDATE 9/6/2010*****

Yeah, it's confirmed. Today my legs feel fine. Like i just walked a few miles yesterday or something. Definitely will have to push harder on leg days. Gotta get some more dumbells (i only have 5lb and 15lb now), for this and for a couple of other exercises. I figure it's an investment, since i'll be moving up in weight anyway as i get stronger all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to weigh in...